I am so lucky to have such wonderful and hospitable friends. I just spent the last few weeks living with my friend Steph and her husband Josh in Madison while I have no apartment, but am not yet moved. Feeling guilty about loafing off of them, I offered to make dinner for them and another friend last Sunday.
I love reading my magazines on Next Issue, and screenshot the recipes often. I found this chicken from Cooking Light and immediately saved it. These tomatoes are a family favorite. They are so easy and are amazing as bruschetta or served over pasta. And the zoodles are a recent discovery from family in South Carolina, and I love how refreshing they are. Overall this meal is pretty effortless, and very delicious.
Check out the recipes below and let me know what you think! Great for an easy end of summer dinner.
Roasted Cherry Tomato Sauce from Martha Stewart Living
- 1 pound, 6 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons packed light-brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Mix together tomatoes and garlic in a nonreactive 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Whisk together oil, vinegar, thyme, brown sugar, and salt in a bowl. Drizzle over tomato mixture.
- Bake until tomatoes are softened and caramelized, about 1 hour. Serve warm or at room temperature. Sauce can be stored in refrigerator up to 5 days; let cool before storing.
Spiced Grilled Chicken Thighs with Creamy Chile-Herb Sauce
Link to recipe here
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic, divided
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs, skinned (about 2 pounds)
- 2 cups fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon minced seeded jalapeño pepper
- Combine 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon lime juice, 2 teaspoons minced garlic, smoked paprika, 1 teaspoon sugar, cumin, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken to bag; seal bag. Let stand 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add chicken to grill rack; grill 8 minutes on each side or until done.
- Place remaining 2 tablespoons oil, remaining 1 tablespoon juice, remaining 1 teaspoon garlic, remaining 1/2 teaspoon sugar, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, parsley, half-and-half, and jalapeño in the bowl of a mini food processor; process until finely chopped. Serve sauce with chicken thighs.
Lemon and Mint Zucchini Noodle Salad
- 5 small to medium Zucchini
- 1/3c Lemon Juice
- 1/4c Olive Oil
- Bunch of Mint – julienned
- Spiralize the zucchini. Try to align the center of zucchini with the center of rotation to avoid random small strands and get longer strands.
- Mix the Lemon Juice, Olive Oil, and Mint in a big bowl.
- Toss in the zoodles and add salt and pepper to taste.
Enjoy with a cobbler or some other temptingly delicious dessert!