The B Bar word of the month is “Future” and appropriately, their May Linkup follows that same line.
WHAT ARE YOU DOING (NOW) TO PREPARE FOR YOUR FUTURE?
WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU SHOULD START DOING TO CREATE A BETTER FUTURE FOR YOURSELF?
So today, this not quite adult is going to tell you about how I prepare (and need to prepare better) for adulthood, whenever that may officially begin. Be sure to check out the ways the other bloggers are preparing for their futures below!
Preparing for my Financial Future
- Save as much as you can when you can – I know this is an obvious one, but it is a lot harder to implement then you think. I automatically deduct a percentage of my paycheck into my 401K and then another amount into my savings each month. It is so much easier to just squirrel away without thinking about it.
- Splurge on experiences not things – There are a few big ticket items that I have my eye on, but for the most part, I would much rather spend a lot of money on a trip or an experience, than a dress or bag. It is hard because a trip is something you have to wait longer for rather than the instant gratification of a purchase, but in the end, I have always found it worth it.
- Stick to a budget – This falls into the category of things I need to start doing. I try, and am usually fairly successful, but it is hard to keep on budget. I use LearnVest to monitor my spending, and have gotten much better at this, but it isn’t easy!
Preparing for my Physical Future
- Sunscreen, Sunscreen, Sunscreen – Skin cancer is no joke, and neither are the wrinkles that are knocking on my door. My foundation has SPF, and if I am in the direct sun, I make sure to have on at least some level of sunscreen on my body. Finding a clean sunscreen has been difficult, but I am trying these ones for the summer and will see how it goes. There is no excuse to not wear sunscreen, especially when lying on the beach or by the pool.
- Be active – I posted this article a while ago, but the best investment you can make now is in your health. My mom is a great example for me, I think she works out more than I do – Pilates, Tennis, daily walks. People spend so much money on healthcare as they age, so the more you can set myself up now, the better. I need to stop finding excuses everywhere, and just do it. Not always easy, but being active makes me feel the best, even if I can think of 20 excuses to not workout.
If you want to see more about what the future brings, follow along on Instagram, Bloglovin, and Facebook! And be sure to check out the other responses to the B Bar’s May Linkup below!
26 and Not Counting
soak and simmer
Alyssa J Freitas
The Yuppie Files
Little Wild Heart
The Not Quite Adult
Random Little Faves
Perfect Enough For Us
Feathers and Stripes
The Golden Letter
Sequins & Strawberries
Emilie Lima Burke
with love from ellie
Bite My Fashion
White Oak Creative
Whitney Bangel Blog
Turning the Corner…Fearlessly!
IN THE GREY
Beauty and the Pitch