I took a bit of a break from reading the past few months. Not because of lack of interest, but honestly because of lack of time to sit down and read.
I do most of my reading on planes, but found that this winter I spent a lot more time blogging or real life working on planes than reading. I am resolved to change that. I finally added the Kindle App to my iPad which is super helpful because if I am bored with my magazine on NextIssue, I can switch over to my book.
I don’t have a long reading list at the moment (I am working on that too) but these are the books I am currently reading or are next up.
Have you read anything recently? Tell me about it below!
- Paper Towns – I am a sucker for a good young adult book. I know it is juvenile, but why not? They are quick reads, and I usually enjoy them. John Green wrote the Fault in Our Stars, and I loved that book so much that I had to pick up this one. It is going to be a movie on it’s own soon anyways. I read it in a night. Couldn’t stop reading! It is about an enigmatic girl and the boy she takes on an adventure and then her disappearance. I am being intentionally vague, but I highly recommend it if you are looking for a quick and satisfying read!
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up – This book was recommended by a blogger friend, and I need to learn how to be tidier. This is one thing my fiancé is very patient about, but I know kills him, and we could all be a bit tidier right?
- Girl on The Train – This is definitely the Gone Girl of this year. The mysterious disappearance of a woman that the protagonist sees from her train sparks her to become involved in investigating the disappearance. I personally didn’t find the characters to be very compelling, but I do love a good mystery, and this was a page turner.
- Hausfrau – I have read that this is a great thriller and I think this is the next book on my list. Have you read it?
- What I Was Doing While You Were Breeding – A blogger friend of mine, Joyce, wrote this review for the Everygirl a while back and I have had this book on my list since then. The title made me giggle, so I look forward to starting this one.
- An Abundance of Katherines – Another book by John Green, about a guy who has bad luck with women named Katherine. I am saving this one for a long weekend at the beach!
- Better Than Before: Mastering the Habits of Our Everyday Lives – From the author of the Happiness Project, this book focuses on how we can make change in our lives through our habits. In case you couldn’t tell, I am feeling in a self-improvement book mood this spring.
- Outlander – A series about a woman who time travels between post WWII and mid-1700s Scotland. There is love, there is action, and I have already started the book and cannot put it down. This series is also a new show on Starz, but I have yet to watch.
Looking for other TNQA reading lists? You can find those here!