As many of you may have also resolved to do, I am trying to make healthier things at home now that the Holidays are over. I cannot eat any more cookies! So here is a great a Caesar salad dressing to kick those healthy days off!
A few months ago, my friend Christina brought over this dressing with a salad, and we were all in disbelief that it was not only delicious but a healthy alternative! Since that night, I have made this probably a dozen times. It is super easy, and ingredients are often on hand. All you need to add is some lettuce and you have yourself a delicious side salad, or add some chicken, a whole meal!
Happy New Year!
Light and Tasty Caesar Salad Dressing
(adapted from Jamie Oliver’s Recipe)
- 1/3 cup low-fat or nonfat Greek-style yogurt
- 1/2 tsp anchovy paste
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 large head of romaine lettuce, or kale torn into bite-size pieces
- Whisk together the yogurt, anchovy paste, garlic, lemon juice, and Worchestershire sauce
- Slowly drizzle in the olive oil and add a bit of the cheese
- Season with salt and pepper
NB – To make even lighter, you don’t need to add the parm and it still tastes just as good. Also, you can make this just as easily in the blender or just shaken well in a mason jar!