If I were to describe my happy place, it would be on a beach (at the Dunes Club, on Pawleys Island or Curtain Bluff) with a book, my toes would be in the water, getting more and more buried as the tide goes in and out. I have been known to read more books on a trip than days I am there, and only three more weeks until Mexico, so I need to queue up at least 7! Nothing too heavy, but some seriously entertaining books to last me through the week in the sun. Below are a list of books that I cannot wait to read!
1. Before We Met – If your husband disappeared, and holes started to appear in all of the stories you had been told, what would you do? I cannot wait to see what Hannah does!
2. Dark Places – I could not put down Gone Girl! I remember sitting in my hotel room furiously reading for two hours after I said I would put it down. Dark Places (like Gone Girl) is being made into a movie this year with Charlize Theron, and I plan to have this one read well before then.
3. You Should Have Known – When what you have built your life and career around suddenly changes, what do you do? That is the question facing Grace right as her marriage advice book is being released and her husband disappears. Sounds like a page turner and cannot wait to see how it ends.
5. The Husband’s Secret – If your husband gave you a letter to open upon his death, would you wait? I don’t know if I could wait, but Cecilia doesn’t wait, and what happens after is sure to be a good read.
6. The Girl You Left Behind – I read Me Before You and The Last Letter from Your Lover, and I wound up a crying and slobbery mess on an airplane both times. So beautifully written and who doesn’t love a love story!?
7. The Good Luck of Right Now – This book has been recommended to me by a bunch of people. It’s from the guy who wrote the Silver Linings Playbook, and I figure if I loved the movie, it would be worth a shot.
8. The Fault in Our Stars – Recommended to me by one of my best friends, prior to hearing that it was being released as a movie, and I cannot wait to read the book. It was on the top of my list for this year, so trying to avoid watching the previews so that its a surprise.
9. The Light Between The Oceans – This was one of my mom’s book club books and she has been recommending it to me ever since. Cannot wait to be able to discuss with her.
10. Sense and Sensibility – I will admit, I never loved the original, but I am interested to see how the author makes it relevant to present day.
11. The One and Only – No one writes a quick chick lit page turner like Emily Giffin. I have read all of her books including Something Borrowed (which was adapted to a movie recently) and Love the One You’re With, so I cannot wait for this one to be released.
If you are looking for some other book recommendations, here are some links with good book lists.